At BMF, we work with people living with dementia, providing them with support in their homes. We also work with the elderly people with mental illness; referring them to appropriate services for help and treatment.
- Dementia occurs when the brain is affected by a disease.
- It’s not a normal part of ageing and it affects everyone differently with a wide range of symptoms.
- These can include problems with memory, thinking, concentration, judgement and language.
- People may become confused or struggle with how they perceive things.
- Dementia can also cause changes in moods and emotions and affect how someone behaves.
- Dementia is progressive, which means that symptoms get worse over time.
- However, many people with dementia lead active and fulfilling lives for many years.
(Alzheimer’s Society, UK)